So my nights have been long and cold working away in my mates workshop we have made quite a bit of progress and only one or two stuff ups to the tune of $10, when i purchased a 1.5m length of 10mm bright bar for the X Carriage to run on and cut it into two i noticed i had about 200mm left over that i thought sweet i could use that to make the axles that the T5 pulleys spin on, so i measured those and cut them first. then i cut the remainder in half for the X axis this was BAD and resulted in me not having enough steel to make the distance between the end plates that bolt the Z axis bearings, which i had to spin around to allow me to move the leadscrews to just inside the A frame.
Now i have all the parts for the X Y Z carriages and frames tack welded into place, the motor mounts are all done as is all the smooth rods all that i need to do before everything gets a final weld is to make some mounts for bearings at the bottom of the lead screws to keep them true as they spin and i should be good to go, this will require me to remake the lead screws so they are a little longer and have a smooth section that the 1608 bearings will run, and to install 10mm dowels into all the sections that are removable this will remove any chances of them going back together in a different place and thus keeps everything nice and square and maybe a little serviceable.
I am a little worried that once everything is tacked and then i try and pull it apart that i may not be able to take the Z axis smooth rods off, if this happens with the current setup i will not be able to take anything else off if i need to, if i find this is the case i will have to cut the peaks of the A Frame off to allow me to take the Z motors off..
Hmmmmm Bearings 10mm & 16mm linear bearings i bought off ebay :)